The role of the tutor is to ensure that students in the Business School receive a premium experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition, materials and student support.
Tutors will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership (authoring), managing student cohorts, teaching (mostly face to face but with some potential for online delivery too). Faculty may also be required to support business development/student recruitment activity (for example attending pitches or open evenings).
Though most of teaching will be during normal working hours (Monday to Friday) there is scope for evening and weekend teaching on this Programme.
- Provide and be accountable for high quality course design and module leadership through using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching resources and formative assessment practice questions.
- Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed teaching guidance and academic support for the teaching team.
- Providing ongoing personal tuition support to a cohort of Business School students in line with University policy.
- Managing a local cohort of students to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant programme.
- Providing academic support for commercial and business development activities within the School. Ad hoc provision of client liaison and support as required.
- Teaching on the relevant programmes in both face to face and online modes.
- Supporting the Faculty and Corporate vision of a “university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement”.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
The Business School also has tutor opportunities in banking and finance across our degree and apprenticeship programmes, which a tutor in this role could get involved in. It provides scope for the variety of duties a tutor undertakes to increase if they wish to take the opportunity.
Please refer to the full job description for information on the skills, knowledge and experience required