Primarily working from home UK/Worldwide Travel to be expected
The Collaboration Engineer will be primarily responsible for the business requirements, design, implementation and maintenance of Skype for Business and QIP, as well as other Microsoft Collaboration applications and architecture to include site topology, front-end and back-end server configuration, Microsoft server clustering, and mobility services, along with conferencing and collaboration services.
The Collaboration Engineer will become an integral part of the BPP Infrastructure Team supporting current and future infrastructure project initiatives, domestically and internationally, for BPP and other BPP partners
The Collaboration Engineer Role is a third line role and as such is the highest point of internal escalation responsible for acting on all technical requests, projects, and strategic initiatives, for technologies related to this role. Additional responsibilities include routine contact with appropriate IT and non-IT personnel from the BPP Global group of companies. As needed, individual will act as expert level resource on reported incidents in the client environment including mentoring and the training of IT Operations Centre (ITOC) and Global Infrastructure staff.
- Maintains technical overview of client environment. This includes (but is not limited to) incident / problem tracking, and ensuring junior engineers maintain delegated tasks in kind by mentoring and both technically and professionally. Researches problem information to proactively identify trends and potential sources of new problems while preventing the replication of issues within the environment. Acts as SME for escalated issues and questions from ITOC and Global Infrastructure Team members.
- Through continuous review, ensures all open incidents for Apollo Global companies are being worked to resolution; escalates any aged issues to management as needed displaying a sense of ownership and accountability. Works with clients to understand the business needs of clients to create solutions to fit their needs.
- Primary driver for development and delivery of project / OAI activity in client environments, ensuring resourcing and project management needs are met via delegation and guidance of peers, other members of the Global Infrastructure team and ITOC.
- Functions as the highest level point of contact in receiving client requests for resolution. Takes ownership of call and employs established automated and manual processes to ensure a complete, expedient and high quality resolution to client service requests.
- Provides technical and procedural support to ITOC and Global Infrastructure team members via request or by initiating consultation in high volume situations. Provides research and documentation on major incidents and problems, developing complete documentation on impact and root cause of issues.
- Assists in the development of standard operating processes, procedures and policies in a dynamically changing business environment that will result in high quality and cost effective client service.
- Assists management in developing/delivering training programs for Global Infrastructure Team and Service Desk staff, including the population of knowledge-based systems (IT 360) with problem resolution tips and best practices.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving department performance through mentoring of personnel. Involvement in long-term planning, continual process improvement initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Skype For Business with Teleconferenceing and Mitel voice integration
- Nokia VitalQIP DDI solution (domain name system (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and IP address management (IPAM)).
- AD 2008 native mode
- Detailed hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory (AD) in a large distributed environment
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Schema and DIT design (tree, OUs, user objects, schema extensions)
- Experience with AD authoritative forest restore, general backups and recovery
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS
- Forests and domains, trusts, FSMO, sites, site links, AD replication, Kerberos details
- Knowledge of tools to work with AD (e.g. Softerra)
- GPO (configuring user and machine polices different scenarios)
- Strong knowledge in writing PowerShell scripts for AD, Exchange and Office365
- Working as an integral part of the global team following ITIL processes for incident, problem, and change management
- Experience or exposure to two or more of the following technologies would be an advantage:
- SharePoint 2010 and 2013
- OCS and Lync
- Office 365
- Microsoft FIM
- Storage Devices including NetApp
- VMware ESX 5
- Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as vbscript and PowerShell a plus.
It is essential that candidates possess the following skills and competencies
- Achieving Results – Be aware of key business objectives, and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities.
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with all Apollo Global and client staff, and be recognised as providing a supporting role.
- Commercial and Business Awareness – Able to balance the financial, quality, people and customer expectation related risks.
- Customer Focus (internal & external) – Able to anticipate and understand customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Able to build partner relationships with customers, and focus on solving their problems.
- Communication – Effective communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with departmental staff and senior management, both on a one to one and one to many basis. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers including producing reports, preparing, organising and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques, and taking a leading role in meetings and discussions.
- Planning and Organising – Effective at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems. Must manage the field of responsibility within allocated budgets, and be able to plan and forecast future budgets based on business priorities.
- Understanding Apollo Global – Aware of BPP strategies, policies and procedures. Aware of how the organisation operates.
- Teamwork – Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way. Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks, and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Able to balance long and short term objectives, and understand business value. Be responsible for own decisions.
- Influencing and Impact – Act in a professional manner, and exhibit the required behavior that should act as an example to other employees. Needs to delegate tasks, responsibilities and authorities effectively. Effective at identifying goals and objectives, and motivating and leading others towards their achievement. Able to network throughout the wider IT community.
- Innovation, Flexibility and Adaptability – Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and client requests. Working locations may include a variety of Apollo Global client sites. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
- Extensive related experience and/or training in Skype for business, Nokia vital QIP, Exchange, AD and FIM and as a strong acumen in the other technologies outlined in this job description.
- MCSE communication or MCITP desirable but not essential