The purpose of this post is to support the day to day operation of the dental clinic in the capacity of a Dental Nurse.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
• taking responsibility for the decontamination of instruments
• maintaining dental operating equipment
• ensuring that all relevant materials and supplies are in place
• looking after patient records – can include making notes when the dentist is examining a patient
• working closely with the dentists, and post graduate students, responding quickly to requests and generally keeping the surgery ready for use
• appropriate patient care in line with the role
• assist on the clinic reception when needed
• assist in the operation and maintenance of the phantom head laboratory
These are the key responsibilities of the job; on occasion the post holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade.
1. Implement BPP University policies and procedures as the relate to the day-to-day clinical and teaching activities
2. Support the Programme Leader/Director and Dental Clinic Manager in their work.
3. Effectively plan and prioritise own daily work.
4. Deal with reactive requests daily, such as those relating to teaching, assessment, communication with students and administrative tasks.
5. Any other duties, commensurate with the needs of the programme and with the grade of the post.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
The post holder must hold qualifications as a dental nurse, and must have current registration with the General Dental Council. In addition the postholder must have the personal skills necessary for patient interaction, i.e.:
• Have a friendly and communicative approach
• Have an awareness of confidentiality issues relating to students and patients
• Be organised and self-motivated, demonstrating personal initiative
• Be able to prioritise workloads and to work under pressure.
• Have experience of working with either dental hygienists, therapists and/or dentists.