Freelance, 30 hours per week, start date 1st March 2019. Distance working can be negotiated.
The purpose of the role is to provide broad ranging programme support for Functional Skills across two subject areas English and Information Computer Technology (ICT). You will be providing support for in quality assurance processes, carry out group speaking and listening assessments, provide teaching and learning support via web conferencing software across the 2 subject areas, respond to a range of email queries, supporting and tracking learner engagement and provide general office administrative support.
The job will sit within the English Language and Testing Service and work across BPP as part of the Education Services family. The Service has four main areas of responsibility: Pre-Sessional English provision, In-sessional English provision, Functional skills (English, Maths and ICT) support and English Language Testing. The role will sit within Functional Skills programme.
The role is a freelance position, 30 hours per week start date 1st March 2019. Distance working can be negotiated.
- Support the IQA to quality assure assessments
- Deliver learning and assessment support for English and ICT via web conferencing software to groups of learners
- Act as an assessor for speaking and listening assessments
- Develop teaching and learning support materials
- Act as a point of contact for programme queries and offer excellent customer service and issue resolution
- Provide support in the set up and delivery of examinations where appropriate
- Provide timely communication and high quality support to all relevant stakeholders
- To effectively collate, manage and provide regular reports on large quantities of student data
- Use and interpret data to track and support learner feedback and engagement
- Provide accurate record keeping in all areas of work
- Liaison, coordination and communication between internal departments and external stakeholders as necessary
- Supporting the process of enrolling learners onto appropriate programmes and assessments where necessary
- Other activities as and when required
Knowledge, experience and skills required
- Educated to degree-level
- Teaching experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage problems and find appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent IT Skills experience working with Word, Databases, conference/web software, Virtual Learning Platforms, high degree of excel proficiency
- Ability to take on and learn new IT systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable working style
- Ability to understand and adhere to policy and compliance standards
- Enjoy a busy, varied and fast paced environment
- Experience of working alongside and communicating with varied and international stakeholders
- Prior administrative experience