This post will focus on both the operational aspects of complying with BPP’s sponsor duties under Tier 4 of the Points Based System and offering support and guidance to International Students in respect of these regulations and general support and welfare.
The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues and students across the university to develop, implement and review processes aimed at ensuring BPP University complies fully with our Tier 4 sponsor duties and to deliver an outstanding student advice service, with specific responsibility for providing essential immigration advice and guidance to International students.
It will also be necessary for the post holder to liaise regularly with students and maintain up to date records for BPPs registered Tier 4 students.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To work closely with the International Recruitment and Admissions teams to provide advice on the immigration requirements that an individual applicant must meet in order to register at BPP University.
2. To provide basic immigration advice to prospective Tier 4 students and those registered at BPP, as they progress through the application / CAS request process.
3. To check all CAS requests and the corresponding documents thoroughly to ensure that only genuine students who meet the requirements of Tier 4 are issued with a CAS.
4. To work closely with the Head of Visa Compliance Manager/Compliance Officers to ensure that all CASs are assigned correctly and within agreed deadlines.
5. To track the lifecycle of each CAS issued and submit reports to the UKVI in accordance with the Tier 4 Sponsor Guidance. This will require communication with all students who have been issued a CAS in order to obtain regular updates on the progress of their Tier 4 application, copies of all refusal notices or a copy of the Tier 4 visa, once granted.
6. To work closely with the Student Records team to ensure that only students with valid immigration permission allowing them to study with us are allowed to register on a course at BPP University and to communicate regularly with registered Tier 4 students at BPP University to ensure that our student records are updated to reflect any changes in circumstances, such as a change of contact details or immigration status and where necessary obtain evidence to confirm the student’s departure from the UK.
7. To provide the Schools with accurate up-to-date lists of all registered Tier 4 students at each intake, and at other points throughout the year as appropriate.
8. To work closely with colleagues across BPP University as part of our process to monitor the attendance of all registered Tier 4 students, and retain an up-to-date summary of attendance levels for these students including details of any approved absences.
9. To flag up to the Head of Visa Compliance all students who are “at risk” of failing to meet their attendance requirements under Tier 4 and to agree appropriate action that should be taken in each case. This will require follow up contact with the students and in some cases, refer the students on for additional academic and general student support.
10. To contact all Tier 4 registered students in advance of their visa expiry date and provide basic immigration advice to each according to their situation.
11. To liaise with key external stakeholders as required, in particular the UK Visa and Immigration.
12. To contribute to the development and update of immigration related information for prospective international students provided via the university websites and in printed publications, as required.
13. To provide effective and proactive pastoral support for BPP students & to provide information, support and advice on non-academic queries – including but not limited to – university policies and procedures, immigration and student welfare matters.
14. To provide effective guidance for staff and students with international student support queries relating to Tier 4, administrative review and dependents.
15. To disseminate knowledge within the International Student Advice team and other front-facing staff
16. To represent the International Student Advice and Visa Compliance services as required at meetings and events, including student induction days and open days, and specifically support the organisation and operation of orientation events for international students.
17. To maintain key skills and knowledge and stay abreast of UKVI updates and regulations pertaining to Tier 4 and HTS guidance for sponsors.
18. Undertake any other reasonable duties as required commensurate with the grade of the position.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for job