Procurement Apprentice – Country Choice
Orpington Head office with some remote working
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, Country Choice
Starting Salary £19k, Excellent career development, discounted products and services and much more!
Working hours are 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday (39 hours per week)
Country Choice is the leading supplier of in-store bakery and foodservice concepts to the retail sector. So, whether you’re a delicatessen looking for new products, or a convenience store needing advice on how to introduce an in-store bakery or a caterer looking for a food-to-go counter, Country Choice can supply and support you with everything you need.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Apprentice to join the team, to gain an in-depth understanding of the procurement function and the end-to-end supply chain, through undertaking a Procurement & Supply Assistant Apprenticeship, with our training provider SR Supply Chain Consultants Ltd.
The right candidate will develop the analytical and administrative skills to become a pivotal support to the Procurement Team and to manage working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Liaising with key internal functions including but not limited to supply chain, technical, New Product Development, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and customer contact centre
- Timely and accurate maintenance of data
- Preparation of insight and data for Internal and external reviews
- Attending supplier meetings and factory visits
- Assist in creating supplier and category strategies
- Issue and review tender documents
- Reporting of cost saving achievements
- Project management
- Deputising for Head of Procurement as required
What you’ll get:
- A competitive salary
- Huge discount on all sorts of lovely food and award-winning products
- Generous holiday allowance, with option to purchase more
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities - being part of Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice business, opens up a world of possibility
On completion of the apprenticeship the candidate will achieve:
- A Level 3 Procurement & Supply Assistant Apprenticeship Standard Certificate
- A Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) Level 3 Procurement & Supply Chain Operations Certificate
You’ll live and breathe Customer First, with an innovative and agile approach to identify new ideas and methods. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Preferred Qualifications and skills
- 2 ‘A’ levels and 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade 9-4, including maths and English and/or 18 months’ relevant commercial experience
- Keen demonstrable interest in business and can articulate what a career in procurement involves
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Can demonstrate customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate examples of working collaboratively and flexibly within a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be committed to completing the apprenticeship programme
There’s a lot on offer, so what are you waiting for?
Bring your whole self to work. #BelongatCountryChoice
At Country Choice we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to help define it.
All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE