Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of the role
You will focus on achieving department objectives, team productivity, call & check sheets completed, the feeding back and improvement of staff processing accuracy, holiday planning & return to work interviews, sickness cover, escalated complaints and maintaining team morale.
This role offers the flexibility of either working Full-time or Part-time covering the afternoon shift.
Full-time hours: Monday-Friday 12pm-9pm OR
Part-time hours: Monday-Friday 5pm-9pm
- Supervise a team of 10 Customer Services Advisors who are responsible for daily customer contact and the input of customer orders
- To audit weekly team Rota’s including all Holidays, Sickness and any other absences for a 4 weekly advanced period
- To organise, maintain and send out via email prior to the start of the shift, Daily Tasking in accordance to the headcount and skillsets available, taking into account annual leave, sickness and absence
- Responsible both personally and through the team for data entry accuracy for all orders and management of orders & collections. To assist other departments with the resolution of invoice queries
- Maintain staff morale by; Keeping private discourse of staff & management confidential at all times, delegating work fairly, recognising & praising good work, listening to staff concerns and taking action where required and being positive about the team’s challenges
- Previous experience in an similiar fast paced leadership role
- Comfortable dealing with escalated customer queries and resolutions
- A true leader of people who understands that success will be delivered via the team
- Strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Aptitude for problem solving via cost effect decision making