M&J Seafood is the UK’s largest independent fish and seafood supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with the freshest fish and seafood from local ports and world markets in a sustainable way. T
And were not alone; M&J Seafood is part of the Fresh Direct Family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest, Freshfayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct Family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest foodservice supplier!
Scope of the role
To work within the Fresh Fish Preparation Team, ensuring product is processed to meet customer requirements and the requirements of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Ensuring the Goods Returns System is adhered to.
- Rotation and counting of stock and use of the dot system.
- Completion of temperature sheets on a daily basis.
- Ensuring the safety, integrity, legality, high quality, presentation, accuracy and timeliness of all products outward bound
- Ensuring the cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- Ensuring the Health and Safety schedule is adhered to at all times
- Ensuring goods inwards issues (short weight and quality issues) are recorded and reported to Supervisor.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Food/Fish preparation experience
- Understanding of product packaging requirements
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- 4 x 11.15 hr shift 18.15 - 06.00 Week one
- 4 x 11.15 hr shift 21.00 - 08.15 Week two
- 5 x 9 hr shift Sun - Thu 21.00 - 06.00 Week one
- 5 x 9 hr shift Mon - Fri 21.00 - 0600 Week two