Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre.
To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of the role
The Inventory role consists of planning and managing the stock levels for multi-temp products across a variety of categories and locations. The team will review the range of products on a daily basis to ensure the stock levels are sufficient for customer demand and balanced in accordance with maximum stock holding guidelines and place orders with suppliers across the continents.The team will also ensure that waste figures meet KPI’s to balance the company’s spend across availability and waste, ensuring profitability.
Working Pattern: Monday - Friday - working 1 in 3 Saturdays or Sundays
- Ensure that the correct product / stock quantities are available, where possible, at the time of pick for all depot customers, whilst ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum
- Liaise on a regular basis with account managers regarding menu changes/other changes and customers requirements
- Assisting the Supply Chain Manager in the forecasting of volume requirements for contract suppliers through liaison with account managers/customers/other departments
- Support the Supply Chain Manager with overseeing the management of the booking ladder to ensure that suppliers are using the system correctly and to ensure the efficient use of the booking in system
- Keeping the business informed of volume changes/fluctuations that may have an effect on the profitability of the business
- Ensuring there is a robust recovery process in place with regard to rejections that meet the supply chain expectations but is at a cost efficient price for the business
- Work in a team based environment where all managers/employees work together for the good of the business
The successful candidate will have previous experience in Customer Service or stock control. You will be an integral part of our busy team with good communication and attention to detail.