Fancy buying the finest products for the finest customers in food?
Wild Harvest is a nationwide fine food supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with a vast range of fine foods from around the world since 1993. We deliver an outstanding local service built on many years’ experience, which is why Wild Harvest is the chef’s first choice!
Scope of the role
Reporting to the head of food the purchasing assistant will be a key member of our sourcing and buying team. The purchasing assistant will build relationships with our supply partners, own availability for a group of products, ensure goods in process and procedures are followed.
They will also monitor and update cost and pricing, manage stock holding levels, forecast and source the very best in seasonal produce, and be tasked in always striving to find the next big innovation in fine food that our customers will love.
This role will introduce you to a variety of amazing products and suppliers across the globe.
- Build supplier relationships
- Driving down cost price in line with ever changing markets
- Owning availability and driving FTA – first time availability
- Quality control checks
- Maintaining consistent supply levels through accurate forecasting
- Placing purchase orders with our supply partners
- Action booking in process for goods received
- Source seasonal products and innovation to the market
- Update & maintain accurate cost and pricing#
If you have a passion for food and have experience working in New Covent Garden Market, whilst having strong organizational and prioritizing skills then this could be the job for you.