Wild Harvest is a nationwide fine food supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with a vast range of fine foods from around the world. We deliver an outstanding local service built on many years’ experience, which is why Wild Harvest is the chef’s first choice!
Plus we are not alone; Wild Harvest is part of the Fresh Direct Family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, M&J Seafood and Freshfayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct Family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest foodservice supplier! We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role:
This is an exciting key role at Wild Harvest, reporting to the General Manager and based at our Dagenham site, you will manage all day to day purchasing and supply functions for our 24hr operation. You will have your own key categories to buy for, and a portfolio of supplier partnerships to build. This role has the perfect balance of managing a small team, while still getting stuck in with the day to day sourcing the finest food products.
This is a key role within the Wild Harvest management team, where energy, cultural fit, excellent communication, and solid organisational and planning skills will be essential to be successful.
You will have autonomy to implement the changes to benefit the business quickly, and introduce you to a variety of amazing products and suppliers from across the globe.
- Ensure Wild Harvest is first to market with key seasonal and specialist product changes and new to market products
- Proactively search and source new fantastic supplier partners & product ranges
- Build key stakeholder supplier relationships
- Lead a small team of day and night buyers
- Own availability and drive FTA (First time availability)
- Driving down cost price in line with frequently changing markets
- Build a close working relationship with finance & accounts team members to ensure a robust network of suppliers is available at all times
- Previous experience in Supply/Purchasing ideally within a food service and fresh produce environment is essential
- Commercially focussed, displaying a customer centric approach – with strong customer skills and interaction with customers at all levels
- Performance based approach to delivering through people
- Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organisation
- Capable communication skills – handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
- Generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Wild Harvest and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate