We have an exciting opportunity to join our highly motivated Category Team which prides itself on pricing strategies advising the teams on pricing, cost and product.
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the Role
To support the pricing team in the execution of pricing strategies across national, key and street customers through; analysis and understanding of both raw material, foreign exchange impact and internal supply chain costs.
Provide internal pricing guidance for key seasonal changes and monthly market based pricing structures, supporting the development of innovative pricing schemes and tools, measuring and maintaining price performance, providing governance over all pricing related processes and assuring pricing discipline, integrity and accuracy in all customer pricing submissions (new and existing).
- Oversee a team of commercial administrators to ensure accuracy of reporting, price uploads and various commercial support functions
- Managing the builds of pricing structures within the business on a seasonal, monthly and ad hoc basis, working with the sales teams to ensure relevance on shape and value of goods
- Working with the procurement and supply chain teams to understand true cost, market cost, foreign exchange impacts and cost of supply for all wholesale products and building into a fit for purpose cost file to support both matrixed price changes and ad hoc product listings or basket amendments
- Designing, implementing and maintaining benchmarking and market price guidance for both internal and external customers and both existing and proposed customer baskets
- Understanding, controlling and communicating internal cost of goods levels to the business ensuring market relevant costs for informed pricing decisions
- Excellent project management and leadership experience with strong relationship building skills to work cross functionally at all levels
- Must have previous experience of price strategy management either B2B or B2C
- Experience in creating, publishing and managing price lists
- Experience of managing price and price strategies within an FMCG business
- High competency in MS Excel and database systems with proven track record
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate