We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Quality Team which prides itself on maintaining a high standard of product for our customers.
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
The individual will be primarily focused on ensuring that we maintain the high standards and specifications of our customers which will include liaising and monitoring customer issues. As Quality Controller you are responsible for the control and quality of fresh product by checking against specification and accepting / rejecting where necessary.
An essential part of the role will be to review activity to identify automated opportunities and ensure stringent audit procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Document the quality of product delivered and during storage
- Reject product that fails to meet specifications and standards
- Liaising with suppliers where necessary regarding quality of product and returns
- Instructing warehouse staff regarding rejections
- Work as part of the Quality team in ensuring high standards are met with a view to continual improvement
- Check rejected produce are isolated for return
- Ensure control sheets are completed to reflect the correct information required i.e. temperatures, glass, brittle plastic and knife and scissor control
- The ability to deal confidently with suppliers, customers and colleagues in a constructive manner
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Basic health and hygiene certificate
- Product knowledge of fruit and vegetables
- Good I.T skills
- Competent in both written and oral communication
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be