We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Inventory Team!
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
The Inventory role consists of planning and managing the stock levels for multi-temp products across a variety of categories and locations. The team will review the range of products on a daily basis to ensure the stock levels are sufficient for customer demand and balanced in accordance with maximum stock holding guidelines and place orders with suppliers across the continents.
The team will also ensure that waste figures meet KPI’s to balance the company’s spend across availability and waste, ensuring profitability.
- Ensure that the correct product / stock quantities are available, where possible, at the time of pick for all depot customers, whilst ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum
- Liaise on a regular basis with account managers regarding menu changes/other changes and customers’ requirements
- Assisting the Supply Chain Manager in the forecasting of volume requirements for contract suppliers through liaison with account managers/customers/other departments
- Support the Supply Chain Manager with overseeing the management of the booking ladder to ensure that suppliers are using the system correctly and to ensure the efficient use of the booking in system
- Keeping the business informed of volume changes/fluctuations that may have an effect on the profitability of the business
- Ensuring there is a robust recovery process in place with regard to rejections that meet the supply chain expectations but is at a cost efficient price for the business
- Work in a team based environment where all managers/employees work together for the good of the business
- Via both formal and informal meetings ensure that your line manager or the board of FDUK are kept updated on any opportunities or threats that could impact the business
- Through the department provide ongoing intelligence/data/information that can be used by other departments in order to make more informed decisions
- Ensure that all applicable legislation (H&S, Hygiene, BRC, etc) for a modern food business are in place and adhered to by all and that any violations are reported to the business
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- First rate communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- A passion for driving costs out of the business
- Team player with an understanding of people
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate