We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Business Development Manager to join our Wild Harvest team to drive the business forward working with some of the most well-known London restaurants.
Wild Harvest is a nationwide fine food supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with a vast range of fine foods from around the world. We deliver an outstanding local service built on many years’ experience, which is why Wild Harvest is the chef’s first choice!
Plus we are not alone; Wild Harvest is part of the Fresh Direct Family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, M&J Seafood and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct Family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest foodservice supplier! We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role:
The Business Development Manager is a key member of the Wild Harvest team, being the ambassador of the company and the manager of a magnificent portfolio of the most prestigious accounts within London.
You will grow and develop this customer base as well as key partnerships with top accounts. Dealing with an exhaustive list of amazing fine food ingredients and a great number of high profile customers, you will juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment!
- Nurture our relationship with the rich base of customers in your portfolio
- Develop sales within this existing portfolio
- Identify new sales opportunities, to achieve and increase sales turnover and gross profit
- Build and maintain a new business prospect list aligned to our business growth strategy
- Actively convert prospect customers into active a realistic pipeline opportunities
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the customers wants and needs and present appropriate business solutions
- Identify key decision makers and influencers within a prospect customer and build long term supplier partnerships and proactively manage customer retention
- Proven track record of profitable new business development in the food industry
- The ability to create strong and credible rapport with key customer decision makers
- Relevant experience of foodservice and working B2B
- The ability to create and maintain an accurate new business pipeline
- Commercial awareness of what factors influence customer profitability
- Located within close proximity of London
- A passion for FINE FOOD!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Wild Harvest and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate