M&J Seafood is the UK’s largest independent fish and seafood supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with the freshest fish and seafood from local ports and world markets in a sustainable way. We also offer the largest range of fresh and frozen fish & seafood, a bespoke filleting service and unrivalled expert advice, which is why we are the chef’s first choice.
Plus we are not alone, M&J Seafood is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest, and Freshfayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Smethwick Transport Team as a Multi Drop Driver.
Scope of the role:
To ensure timely delivery of products to customers, making sure all orders are accurate, complete and the quality of the product is maintained. Representing the Company to the highest standard by ensuring the provision of an excellent standard of customer service at all times.
- To be the primary point of contact for the customer
- To load van in an organised fashion to ensure that customer’s products can be located quickly and easily on deliver
- To organise all invoices, paperwork and crosschecking all products loaded in the van
- Ensuring that all products are undamaged and kept at the legal temperature
- Driving the van in a safe and legal manner
- Ensuring customers receive their order at the right time
- Ensuring that each invoice is signed and the products have been given to the correct person
- Responsible for collecting cash for the Company and completion of all related paperwork
- Communicating with the customer and taking note of any problems with order or invoice
- Maintaining the van (cleanliness, tyre pressure and oil levels) and completion of all related forms
- To adhere to WTD legislations
- Problem solving
Requirements to Apply:
Applicants must be over 21 and held driving licence for over 12 months
Previous multi drop experience
Shifts & Start Times:
Working any 5 from 6 shifts Monday to Saturday - 45 hours per week
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within M&J Seafood and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate