We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Operations Management Team in Wigan!
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
To oversee the Transport department and be the site lead for the night activities for the Wigan Site Operations, ensuring the efficient and cost effective fulfilment of customer requirements. In addition they will ensure all productivity, accuracy and cost targets are met and exceeded.
Being a role model and be responsible for setting and maintaining standards in Health & Safety, company policy compliance and hygiene standards and employee engagement.
The Night Shift Operations Manager will work 5 nights per week (either Mon - Fri or Sun-Thurs).
- Leading the Warehouse operations and teams to deliver an effective and efficient operation
- Ensuring Supervisors and colleagues are well trained, have the knowledge, skills and desire to deliver a great service to our stores and customer
- Plan and co-ordinate detailed operational activities through Supervisors, to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer
- Be responsible for overall productivity within the operation, ensure that activities are cost effective and manage levels of manpower and other resources
- Maintain and improve performance levels to maximise efficiency of operation in line with account KPI's
- Support Supervisors with coaching and the development of all employees
- Analyse customer feedback/information and propose innovative ideas to enhance the overall function
- Work within the departmental budget to own and achieve targets
- Ensure all requirements relating to safety, health, environment and quality are being fully implemented in the warehouse
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct & Indirect):
Direct (6) Supervisors
Indirect (40) colleagues
- Strong management experience and an engaging leader
- Previous experience working in a fast paced warehouse operations environment, i.e foodservice, Retail distribution or 3PL
- Total focus on compliance, quality and health and safety
- Good communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Solutions driven
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate