We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Operations Team as a Warehouse Team Manager!
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the Role
As Warehouse Team Manager you will be responsible for a team of Warehouse colleagues, overseeing the vast activity to ensure we are meeting our customers’ needs and pushing to exceed them at all times.
You will be dedicated to ensuring your people are engaged, well managed and perform to the highest standards against set KPI’s.
You will act as advocate of the Fresh Direct culture and safety standards, you will also hold regular briefings and meetings with your team providing them with a platform to suggest their own ideas and improve overall service standards to our customers.
Your daily routine and responsibility will ensure the Warehouse operates in line with required health and safety, people, cost and service objectives.
Shift: Afternoons (16:00 - 02:00)
Working Days: 5 days a week (Wednesday to Sunday)
- Having a clear operational plan for your shift – always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet.
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future, feeding the information back to Warehouse Shift Managers.
- Leading the way in terms of best practise regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents
- Ensuring that all members of the operational team have clear goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the HR team, to align with the Fresh Direct people plan
- Communicating at all times – holding regular organised meetings, as well as ad hoc catch ups, with your teams to help them understand their key priorities.
- Evaluate the performance of both Fresh direct permanent employees and agency staff and provide constructive and clear feedback to aid in personal and professional development
- Proven background in a Warehouse supervisory role
- Experience in a fast moving warehouse environment, 3PL preferred
- Key focus on end customer strict SLA’s including order fulfilment, DOT’s and customer security
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Good understanding of performance statistics
- Desire to fully embrace being part of a wider team
- Team player and highly effective communicator
- Embracing change and engaging your team to lead by example
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate