Would you like to work for a leading fresh produce specialist, managing national accounts from the pub, restaurant and casual dining industry? If you have experience of managing national accounts within the foodservice sector, we’d love to hear from you.
Ideal Location: South East / London
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role:
You will be responsible for developing and guiding the implementation of specific customer account plans; achieving account profitability and sales targets; serving as the primary account contact & providing account leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and long term continuity of supply.
This position is home based, though you will ideally be located within a commutable distance to our head office in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
- Responsibility for an individual portfolio of national accounts ensuring that company profitability, customer requirements and individual growth targets are met.
- Implement, monitor, report & forecast on account performance against sales budget and cash margin in order to maximise future performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain individual customer account plans which identify key activities and priorities in line with company strategic objectives, and thereby maximise profitability.
- Annually review customer account plans as part of the budgeting process for the following year.
- Work cross functionally to ensure our budgeted sales targets, account profitability, customer satisfaction and retention are achieved across portfolio
To be considered for this role, you will already have experience of the foodservice industry and its complexities, with a proven track record of exceeding set targets. You will clearly demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a group of customers, have a strong commercial understanding and be competent using Excel. Whilst knowledge of Fresh produce would be an advantage, we are keen to hear from resilient individuals looking to develop their career and add to our success within National Accounts.
In return we offer a competitive salary, achievable bonus, company car plus contributory pension, discounts with leading retailers and as much fruit as you can eat on site!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate