We have an exciting opportunity within New Product Development to develop, lead and execute a food development plan on behalf of Fresh Direct, ensuring opportunities across the Corporate, Local and Street channels are maximized to their fullest potential.
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role:
A customer facing role, ensuring customers stay ahead of the food development curve and positioning Fresh Direct as an innovative and forward thinking produce and dairy supplier. Focused on driving commercially beneficial category improvements as well as developing a partnership approach with customers and owning the chef-to-chef relationship. Developing and presenting, proactive and reactive to brief ideas to the customer
- To develop, lead and execute a food development plan and vision.
- Manage the Fresh Direct development to customer development relationship.
- Managing and developing the development team and support manager
- Targeting and measuring a profitable return on the food development investment
- Assisting the new business function when presenting to new customers – early engagement with the key stakeholders and demonstrating the scope of Fresh Direct’s NPD platform.
- Providing support for the customer’s food team FDM’s and group chefs.
- Back of house/back to floor visits- understanding the customer and fit for purpose products.
- manage range reviews and specifications on existing lines to ensure maximum efficiency for both Fresh Direct and customer
- Plot, plan and deliver food innovation sessions in line with customer briefs
- Responsible for bringing bespoke lines through the NPD process from concept to launch
- Knowledge of fresh produce and seasonality is critical for the role and understanding
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Development Chef in a foodservice business
- Knowledge of food production/manufacturing
- Comfortable in front of customers, able to present and add value to the customer
- Commercially aware and driven
- Understanding of the pricing/procurement of produce
- Comfortable working cross functionally and multi-site
- Customer focused and solutions driven
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate