This exciting addition to our team has come about following the extension to the role of our Commercial Director who has assumed wider responsibility within Fresh Direct. As a result we have a fantastic opportunity to find a compelling individual to join our growing business.
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role:
The Head of Procurement & Technical will be responsible for the end to end Procurement function for Fresh Direct UK, a leading Produce specialist business. The individual will also manage the Technical team ensuing that the needs of the business are fully met in relation to internal and external technical expertise, providing our customers with the faith and trust we are protecting their business.
The role is integral in our future success offering plenty of opportunity to influence, make a difference, operate at a senior level within our business and our parent business Sysco Europe. We’re looking to recruit the future successor to our Commercial Director.
- Managing a team of 3 direct reports and indirectly manage a team of 20 across our Fresh Direct sites UK wide
- Ownership of buying categories: Produce, Dairy and Non Produce. Approximate value £150m managed directly by our Buyers
- Integral leader within Constellation, our European Procurement Project, buying with and for Sysco Europe businesses. Approximate value of £50m
- Drive continuous technical improvement throughout our core supplier base with 100% supplier approval
- Working with our customers to talk about market and crop conditions and give them the confidence they are well protected by our Technical and Quality department’s expertise and specialist work in this area
- Building critical, meaningful partnerships with our suppliers which consist of longevity and 2 way support. Ensuring Compliance is key and working to accreditation's such as SEDEX
- Procurement experience in a similar fast paced business environment, where you have previously led a team of Buyers
- Able to demonstrate a Technical and Quality understanding/knowledge
- Experience in a Fresh sector (Produce, Meat, Seafood) is desirable within Food service or retail industry (fast pace environment a must)
- Demonstrates drive, resilience and a desire to get things done
- Willingness to travel across the UK
- Good commercial awareness
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate