We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Finance Team in Wigan!
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
The credit controller will be responsible for the collection of outstanding debts in an efficient and timely manner following company policies and procedures ensuring that all targets are met.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
- Meet cash and debtor day targets as set by the Company
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Handle disputed invoices and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Propose write off for irrecoverable debt
- Prepare files for transfer to the Debt Recovery Department
- Post payments to accounts and allocate payments on a daily basis
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Superior organisational skills
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Able to read, analyse and interpret financial statements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate