We have an exciting opportunity to join our talented Finance team, in a commercial finance business partnering role.
This position is key to the business and therefore the working week needs to be split between our Bicester and Dagenham sites.
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role:
Provide strategic analysis and insight into the business performance, understand drivers of actual results compared to forecast and plan as well as leveraging analysis to provide recommendations of the wider commercial structure.
- Business partner the local independent commercial structure to provide both insight and challenge to deliver key business objectives
- Responsible for sales and margin forecasting and budgeting process while tracking actual performance to provide insightful reporting to support decision making
- Providing key support to the purchasing team in order to drive product cost efficiency while supporting the development of the business proposition
- Responsible for providing both analytical and commercial support on product pricing
- Identify trends, risks and opportunities in sales and margin, ensuring that customer patterns, credit note trends, rebates etc are fully understood
- Liaise with other Sysco UK teams to drive best practice and promote cross group sales opportunities
- Analytical thinker Qualified with some PQE (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in a business partnering role
- Strong relationship builder and ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make complex situations simple
- Excellent MS Excel and database experience
- Flexibility to work across Bicester and Dagenham on a weekly basis
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate