We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Finance Team in Wigan!
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
To ensure the accurate and timely production of weekly/monthly reports are completed to enable production of accounts, to ensure that all of the above are completed in the time set and that all of the procedures of the Finance Department are adhered to.
- Processing supplier invoices on a daily basis
- Liaising with suppliers
- Weekly payment runs
- Supplier reconciliations
- Scanning and filing overhead invoices
- Investigating and resolving supplier queries
- To cover all jobs within the Purchase Ledger department in times of absenteeism
- To work in a team based environment where all managers/employees work together for the good of the business
- Supplier focused and solutions driven
- Excellent IT skills to include database management and excel spreadsheets
- Disciplined and organised approach
- Flexible attitude
- First rate communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Team player
- Ethical and honest
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate