We have an exciting opportunity to lead our Warehouse and Transport teams at our Dagenham depot. This a challenging, fast paced yet rewarding role and opportunity to further develop within Fresh Direct and our wider Group
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role:
The General Operations Manager is responsible for directing, managing and reviewing all reporting departments to achieve business objectives. Our customers are the biggest names in the restaurant, pub and hotel industry and this role is key to driving business success.
Your daily routine and responsibility will ensure the Operation performs in line with required safety, people, cost and service KPIs
- Management of Warehouse and Transport function at our Dagenham site
- Lead and develop colleagues to promote a culture of continuous improvement and customer growth
- Ensuring the depot operates within the boundaries of industry legislation and internal company procedures including Health and Safety, Food Safety, Transport and Employment legislation
- Responsible for continuously developing the business as a long term sustainable operation
- Review weekly financial reports alongside the Finance Business Partner providing forecast and feedback on weekly financial performance
- Determine and create actions that focus on cost and performance
- Management experience within Operations, with an understanding of supply chain and lean operational management, ideally within food service
- Demonstrable record of effective people management and developing others
- Be flexible and adaptable with a change mind set, with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Build effective relationships and demonstrate good communication and listening skills
- Deliver business results through operational effectiveness and customer engagement
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary, car/car allowance and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate