We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Finance Team in Wigan!
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
The credit control team leader will increase company profitability by operating within the guidelines and requirements of the company credit policy and will maintain an appropriate credit risk level.
- Operate within the guidelines and requirements of the company credit policy
- Maintain an appropriate credit risk level
- Review customer accounts on a regular basis to maintain an appropriate level of credit risk
- Manage collection process of delinquent accounts to maintain credible receivable, including establishing relationships with collection agencies and collection lawyers
- Credit check and manage the opening of new customer accounts
- Direct the Credit Department staff
- Manage and direct cash application function
- Ensure that monthly targets are met
- Resolve disputes with customer base and other departments as they relate to receivable and risk management
- Analyze specific credit applications for terms of sale and credit limits
- Visit customers as needed to establish strong business relationships and limit credit risk
- Effectively work with the sales force to improve credit quality and cash flow
- Work with general managers to maintain credit quality of the individual locations
- Maintain proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Meet with the appropriate person to review the credit/collection function on a regular basis or as needed
- Review the monthly write off Schedule and communicate to line manager
- Maintain appropriate documents, documentation and other information in the customer credit files
- Review and monitor compliance with staff members, the policies and procedures of security agreements (guarantees, liens, bonds, etc.)
- Keep abreast of all law pertaining to collection, bankruptcy, bonds, liens and judgments
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Superior organizational skills
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Able to read, analyze and interpret financial statements
- Demonstrated competency hiring, developing and evaluating employees to achieve corporate and personal objectives
- Complies with equal employment opportunity laws, regulations and company policies related to discrimination in hiring, firing, promotion and compensation, including sexual harassment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group. We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate.