We have a fantastic opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Executive to join the Fresh Direct team. You will support the delivery of marketing projects that reach the biggest brands in foodservice, as well as helping our own teams to achieve our vision through engaging internal communications.
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant, pub and hotel brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
We are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct Family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct Family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
This role is integral to delivering our Communications and Marketing strategy, working closely with internal stakeholders of all levels (CEO and MD’s included) and external (suppliers and customers) to gather insights and content for distribution through our internal and external comms channels.
You will support the Communications and Marketing Manager with the creation and delivery of engaging communications to a diverse customer base and workforce. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced working environment. The diverse nature of tasks you’ll be involved with means there is plenty of scope for developing your own skill-set whilst having a lot of fun along the way.
- Develop marketing campaigns and promotions that support the new business team in winning new customers
- Understand the business proposition and research customer and market needs
- Develop and promote online presence of Fresh Direct through website development and social media activity
- Act as brand ambassador, ensuring correct use of brand through internal and external channels
- Collate updates and stories from across the Fresh Direct Group for cascade through internal channels to keep our colleagues up to date
- Customer focussed with a big passion for food
- Creative in both writing and ideas
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Journalistic flair with the ability to source customer and employee stories
- Good interpersonal and speaking skills
- Knowledge of digital and video communications
- Ability to devise creative communication strategies
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate