We are looking for a highly motivated, results driven and professional Business Development Manager to join our Sales team. Your role is to win profitable independent business.
M&J Seafood is the UK’s largest independent fish and seafood supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with the freshest fish and seafood from local ports and world markets in a sustainable way. We also offer the largest range of fresh and frozen fish & seafood, a bespoke filleting service and unrivalled expert advice, which is why we are the chef’s first choice.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
- Identify new sales opportunities, to achieve and increase sales turnover and gross profit
- Build and maintain a new business prospect list aligned to our business growth strategy
- Actively convert prospect customers into active a realistic pipeline opportunities
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the customers wants and needs and present appropriate business solution
- Proven track record of profitable new business development success in the foodservice/FMCG industry
- Create strong and credible rapport with key customer decision makers
- Able to interpret, understand and act upon financial data to achieve customer solutions
- Commercial awareness of what factors influence customer profitability
- A passion for food, a self-starter and someone who enjoys hitting targets!
We offer a competitive base salary, sales bonus, company car, staff discounts and perks. Our business development teams are also included in the annual Sysco global sales competition and we offer fantastic career opportunities to develop further across our group.
M&J Seafood is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest, and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate