This is a great opportunity for an individual to become a member of a fast, dynamic and highly driven New Business Team in Bicester with great potential for next steps and career progression!
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
The position of Business Development Co-ordinator will report to the Bid Manager and will be responsible for supporting the day to day activities for the business development team. The role will be actively involved in the new business process, ensuring effective and timely communication and completion with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
This role is Monday to Friday, office hours. However, we will consider flexible working for this position for the right individual
- Supporting the new business team with day-to-day administration tasks
- Reinforcing the bid process from initial enquiry to completion
- Maintenance and support with the business development pipeline
- Maintaining accurate records and save material to a shared bid library for future use
- Helping generate professional tender documentation and coordinating clarification questions
- Support with customer presentations and site visits
- Collecting and regularly updating appropriate data for tenders and pipeline
- Maintaining filing systems and following process
- Checks on pipeline accuracy and challenging team
- Ensuring bid responses are proof read and sense checked for accuracy
- Act as a support function for sample requests
- Adhere to strict submission deadlines and organise own workload appropriately
- Analysis of early life finance (Qlikview data) reporting back to BDM team. Verify accuracy of internal data and challenge anomalies.
- Prospecting – review Propel and other food publications / generate prospects by cold calling for BDM team
- Salesforce administrator – team lead
- Support mobilisation and work alongside BDM as internal account manager – attend all mobilisation meetings to support BDM’s to ensure timelines are adhered to
- Must be a team player
- Have a positive outlook and have a resilient character
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Excel / Word / Outlook (Microsoft Office) literate
- Customer focused
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective time management
- Are able to work under pressure and manage priorities
- Work within a team and ensure tasks are completed to deadline
- Have the ability to flex and change quickly
- Be self-motivated, driven and looking for the next step in career
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate.