We have an exciting opportunity to head up our Business Development team, focusing on Corporate and Local New Business. This is a newly created role, part of our approach to strengthen our offering to our customers and our bold growth plans.
Scope of the role:
The business development team sell all the Fresh Direct Group brands, and it will be pivotal for success to ensure that we consolidate the brands for our customers to ensure logistical efficiency and best market commercials.
The team concentrate all efforts on winning local and corporate business, tender management is key to success and you will need to task appropriately
This role is pivotal to the growth of the group. Planning and execution will be key and you must have the vision, clarity and drive to push the team to the next level.
- Winning new and profitable business for the group and exceeding the sales number
- Leading the team to its next stage of evolution and setting the New Business strategy
- Provide clarity, focus, and ongoing development of the sector propositions and strategy through the effective planning and execution of ongoing prospect development with weekly management progress reviews
- Support the development of the team delivering mentoring and coaching activity in line with individual development plans
- Taking responsibility for the performance of a defined prospect pipeline and sales results and supporting the finance team and bid team with forecasting and budgeting activities
- A proven track record of winning profitable new business and subsequent sales delivery
- Entrepreneurial flair is critical, you need to be able to convey and implement innovative ideas and creative solutions within the business limits
- Proven track record in delivering against demanding financial and non-financial targets especially within a new business generation environment
- Intimate knowledge of the foodservice industry, have strong financial acumen, high energy levels, and a hunger for exceeding customer and business expectations
- Ability to lead a highly skilled and highly motivated business development team, with a skilled approach to managing and owning a matrix team which ensures that opportunities to win and deliver success are realised
- We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate