We have an exciting 1 year FTC opportunity for a Senior Business Development Manager, leading a team focused on winning corporate new business. This is a key role in the team and part of our approach to strengthen our offering to our customers and our bold growth plans.
Scope of the role:
This demanding role will require strength, perseverance and resilience. You will be required to help manage and coach a mature and highly motivated business development team, and utilise opportunities to ensure a high win rate.
You will also be passionate and have the ability to assist the Head of Business Development to continually improve and better the new business process to ensure success is delivered across all brands
- Concentrate all efforts on winning local and corporate business selling all the Fresh Direct Group brands, ensuring that we consolidate the brands for our customers to ensure logistical efficiency and best market commercials
- Responsible for the performance of a defined prospect pipeline and sales results and supporting the finance team and bid team with forecasting and budgeting activities
- Development of the sector propositions and strategy through the effective planning and execution of ongoing prospect development with weekly management progress reviews
- Delivering against demanding financial and non-financial targets especially within a new business generation environment
- Support the personal development of the team by delivering mentoring and coaching activity in line with individual development plans
- Industry experience is key, ideally with a good understanding of corporate accounts and sales team management experience
- Proven track record of achieving profitable growth and new business and subsequent sales delivery
- Entrepreneurial flair is critical, you need to be able to convey and implement innovative ideas and creative solutions within the business limits
- Relationships are key, and you will need to have the ability to engage in high level questioning to build a knowledge of customer needs / buying behaviour to develop bespoke offerings and educate the development of the trade channel propositions
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate