We have a new and exciting opportunity to head up our Technical team, bringing our brands together to shape the technical strategy which is part of our approach to strengthen our offering to our customers and our bold growth plans.
Scope of the role:
The Head of Technical is responsible for the strategy and direction of the Group technical function. The owner and champion of quality, maintaining the food safety, hygiene and quality standards across our businesses.
Responsible for the budget and leadership of a team, the Head of Technical will manage Technical Managers, Technical Support and a Compliance Manager directly
- This role and the function is pivotal; linking suppliers, customers and our business through quality
- Develop, lead and execute a group technical plan and vision
- Minimise customer complaints and improve product quality NPS
- The technical department works with the category, sales and procurement teams to set the specification for products with suppliers.
- Ensures that suppliers deliver to these specifications and that they are maintained whilst in storage and through distribution to our customers
- Responsible for setting the level of accreditation of our sites based on our customer’s requirements ensuring we comply with all the prevailing legal requirements as a minimum
- Food Science/Technology/Microbiology degree or similar
- Product safety experience including significant microbiology and HACCP knowledge
- Significant experience in senior technical roles in the food industry alongside a proven track record of leading diverse teams across multiple locations
- Experience in fresh categories is critical to the role
- Experience across supplier auditing, manufacturing and site compliance
- Ability to influence and manage upwards, whilst making an impact across the business
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate