We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious individual to really make an impact in our business, leading and engaging our depots. This vacancy has arisen following an internal move and the role is a key part of our approach to strengthening our offering to our customers and our bold growth plans.
Scope of the role:
The Head of Operations will be responsible for our core Fresh Direct sites from an operational perspective, leading our Warehouse and Transport teams (c440 colleagues). In this role you will be expected to lead and engage the site leadership teams in the respective depots, ensuring they implement operational, people and safety plans to meet the required cost, service and engagement levels
We are customer centric and whilst no day is the same, the individual will need to be involved in the fast paced day-to-day activities across all sites, making quick and confident decisions.
- Support and manage the move to a co-campus group structure at our Bicester depot
- Set clear direction through your teams, creating stretching but achievable consistent targets, in line with Safety, People, Cost and Service
- Responsible for leading the direction of the teams in line with the FDUK operational and supply chain plan
- Ensure full cost control is in place to deliver the budget and identified cost activities across depots
- Consistently monitor operational progress against people, safety, service and cost
- Drive and embed a pro-active high performance culture through your teams
- Effectively communicate with direct teams to ensure they are fully informed of business priorities and strategy, and ensure understanding of the role they play in achieving company results
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline
- Coming from a secondary distribution, external customer facing business with fast moving products and multi-drop delivery environment
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a multi-disciplined team across multiple sites
- Excels in a fast paced business, managing multiple stakeholders of all levels
- Is decisive and makes decisions in the here and now
- An ambitious individual passionate about developing their career further within our Group
- Ability to deliver a strategic plan and translate into transactional activity
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Sysco Group.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate