We have an exciting opportunity for a L&D Manager to design and deliver in the next phase of our business growth and transformation in a broad and busy Learning & Development role to support our ambitious growth plans.
Fresh Direct Group are a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest and Fresh Fayre. Our top-notch, national and nimble fresh supply chain has helped some of the biggest foodservice names on the high street grow to be the success they are today. We lead our industry in the scale and experience in which we source and buy, and only work with the best growers locally, nationally and globally.
To top it off, the Fresh Direct Group is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s global foodservice leader. Their robust international network supports customers in 90 different countries around the world. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role:
The L&D Manager is a stand-alone role, responsible for creating, managing and delivering learning initiatives for our group, working across all departments to make sure our colleagues have the best learning and development programmes and tools available to them to develop themselves and their career with us
- Be an expert on the best way to design, deliver and embed great content for the best organisational outcomes (both Leadership & Sales related training and development)
- Performance and business consulting. You will need to understand our business challenges and ask business leaders the right questions in order to identify the right L&D solutions
- Support the continued development of the Sysco Speciality culture, it values and how this is bought to life in the way we work and interact with each other.
- Support Business Leaders with their own tailored personal development including coaching and mentoring
- Facilitate resources and learning experiences so that colleagues can access what they need and enable the shift from L&D owning learning to enabling learning
- Previous experience of L&D design and delivery (both mid-level leadership & sales related training)
- Experience within Food Retail, Foodservice, Food Manufacturing or Hospitality is strongly preferred
- Able to operate in a stand-alone/hands on role in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Natural facilitator with high impact
- Creative thinking and resourcefulness. You need to be creative in how you address, deliver and embed the learning and performance needs of the organisation.
- Pragmatic and adaptable in style and approach (can work strategically and tactically)
- We are looking for someone who can align with the business, understanding the business and the market it operates in is vital.
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay, apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within a Sysco owned company.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate