M&J Seafood is the UKs largest independent fish and seafood supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with the freshest fish and seafood from local ports and world markets in a sustainable way. They deliver an outstanding local service built on over 30 years experience, which is why M&J are the chefs first choice!
And were not alone; M&J Seafood is part of the Fresh Direct Family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest, Freshfayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct Family is proudly part of Sysco, the worlds largest foodservice supplier!
Scope of the role
We are looking for a Fishmonger to work within the Fresh Fish Preparation Team, ensuring product is processed to meet customer requirements and the requirements of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Ensuring the Goods Returns System is adhered to.
- Rotation and counting of stock and use of the dot system.
- Completion of temperature sheets on a daily basis.
- The quality, presentation, preparation accuracy and timeliness of all products outward bound.
- Ensuring the cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- Ensuring the Health and Safety schedule is adhered to at all times
- Ensuring goods inwards issues (short weight and quality issues) are recorded and reported to Supervisor
- Previous Fishmonger/Butcher/Food Preparation experience
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Knife preparation skills
- Understanding of product packaging requirements.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving ability.
- Team working ethic with clear communication
Shifts: 5 days over 6- No Sundays