Fresh Prep is an end-to-end production business within the Fresh Direct Group. With a turnover of over £3million, Fresh Prep slices, dices, chops, peels and grates up to 14 tonnes of finished fruit and veg a day to foodservice customers all around the UK. As one of the UK’s leading fresh produce suppliers, we’re able to tailor our end products to meet the specific needs of our customers menu.
Scope of the Role
You will manage all aspects of Fresh Prep and its staff whilst ensuring we comply with all current legislative, legal and customer requirements. To maintain site costs, efficiency, profitability, food safety and ensure all products prepared within the businesses meet customer specifications and are of the highest quality and are compliant to the food safety legislation.
You will also be responsible for growing sales and creating partnerships across the Fresh Direct business, customers and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain efficient processes for all product lines whilst exploring continuous improvements
- Play a hands on role in managing and motivating and directing the facilities entire workforce
- Implement and manage stock systems for the ordering of goods and materials that minimises the stock holding quantities yet allows for the uninterrupted production of all product lines
- Oversee the maintenance and servicing the entire facility and equipment. To include production lines and equipment to minimise down times and maximise output
- Oversee the food production and product handling teams, ensuring at all times the highest standards. Ensure that product is supplied to the necessary specifications and meets customer, legislative & industry requirements
- Control of all aspects of production and site hygiene through relevant staff
- To ensure the continued development team members by conducting regular reviews and appraisals, setting targets for achievement, and arranging future training as required
- To provide regular production data and performance reports to assist in business management and product costings
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience of managing a food production facility
- Previous experience of leading a team within an operational environment
- Commercial mind-set and confident managing a P&L
- Stock control & buying experience
- Able to understand business costs, financials, profit & loss
- H&S compliant
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Product knowledge to the level of ensuring that compliance with the specification is achieved