M&J Seafood is the UK’s largest independent fish and seafood supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with the freshest fish and seafood from local ports and world markets in a sustainable way. We also offer the largest range of fresh and frozen fish & seafood, a bespoke filleting service and unrivalled expert advice, which is why we are the chef’s first choice.
Plus we are not alone, M&J Seafood is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest, Freshfayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of role
To work within the Fresh Fish Preparation Team, ensuring product is processed to meet customer requirements and the requirements of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Ensuring the Goods Returns System is adhered to.
- Rotation and counting of stock and use of the dot system.
- Completion of temperature sheets on a daily basis.
- Ensuring high quality, presentation, accuracy and timeliness of all products outward bound
- Ensuring the cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- Ensuring the Health and Safety schedule is adhered to at all times
- Ensuring food safety is adhered
- Ensuring goods inwards issues (short weight and quality issues) are recorded and reported to Supervisor.
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Fresh produce/Fish preparation experience
- Understanding of product packaging requirements
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to work in pressurised environment
- Takes responsibility for quality of own work
- Communicates in effective manner