Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of the role
To manage and be responsible for the all activities for the Dagenham transport function, ensure all costs are in line with the budget and ensure we deliver first class customer service in an extremely fast paced transport environment.
Leading a team of 3 front desk staff, Transport support roles and 40 drivers and driver mates, delivering to the southern region. Acting as the lead person in creating the correct environment for our colleagues and ensuring the department is fully compliant and people are led in the right way
Being a role model and be responsible for setting and maintaining standards in service, cost, health & safety and compliance.
- Ensuring the site compliance is up to date and legal records are up to date at all times including agency drivers through effective use of the FTA vision system
- Meeting the businesses expectations in regards to the timely despatches of the route vehicles
- When and where route change requirements are needed they are done in a way which is the most efficient or relevant to meeting the business needs
- Completing systems required updating and ensuring the systems are being used correctly
- Compiling and completing business required KPI’s and management reporting tools
- Empowering, developing and supporting the team to develop and grow through training and providing opportunities to own and take responsibility for specific tasks.
- CPC qualified (Essential)
- Previous experience of working in a similar fast paced environment (Foodservice, Distribution, Retail, 3PL)
- Previous experience of working night shifts
- Knowledge of FTA vision (Desirable)
- Proven leadership skills
- Cost and service focussed
- Focused on compliance to procedure
- Conflict resolution skills
- Solutions driven