Shift: Sunday – Thursday
Time: 22:00 – 06:30
Pay: £11.98 per hour
Quality Inspectors are responsible for the quality of fresh product to specification, you will ensure we maintain great quality product to our customers which will include liaising and monitoring customer queries.
The Speciality Group is one of the largest suppliers of fresh and speciality food to the UK foodservice industry and is made up of five specialist brands: Fresh Direct, M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and KFF. Together, our Group has more than 1,400 dedicated colleagues that ensure we pick, pack and deliver thousands of orders every day out of 9 sites across the country.
Our mission is to be the undisputed market leader that customers want to work with, and people want to work for, whilst our vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
- Document the quality of product delivered and during storage
- Reject product that fails to meet specifications and standards
- Liaising with suppliers where necessary regarding quality of product and returns
- Instructing warehouse staff regarding rejections
- Work as part of the Quality team in ensuring high standards are met with a view to continual improvement
- Check rejected produce are isolated for return. Ensure control sheets are completed to reflect the correct information required i.e. temperatures, glass, brittle plastic and knife and scissor control
- The ability to deal confidently with suppliers, customers and colleagues confidently
- Basic health and hygiene certificate
- Product knowledge of fruit and vegetables
- I.T skills
- Competent in both written and oral communication
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief
Sysco Speciality uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Sysco Speciality would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate