We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Inventory Team!
The Speciality Group is one of the largest suppliers of fresh and speciality food to the UK foodservice industry and is made up of five specialist brands: Fresh Direct, M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and KFF. Together, our Group has more than 1,400 dedicated colleagues that ensure we pick, pack and deliver thousands of orders every day out of 9 sites across the country.
Our mission is to be the undisputed market leader that customers want to work with, and people want to work for, whilst our vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
The Inventory role consists of planning and managing the stock levels for multi-temp products across a variety of categories and locations. The team will review the range of products on a daily basis to ensure the stock levels are sufficient for customer demand and balanced in accordance with maximum stock holding guidelines and place orders with suppliers across the continents.
This a day job, working Monday to Friday + 1 in 4 Saturday or Sunday & can be located at our Bicester or Dagenham sites
- Ensure that the correct product / stock quantities are available, where possible, at the time of pick for all depot customers, whilst ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum
- Liaise on a regular basis with account managers regarding menu changes/other changes and customers’ requirements
- Assisting the Supply Chain Manager in the forecasting of volume requirements for contract suppliers through liaison with account managers/customers/other departments
- Support the Supply Chain Manager with overseeing the management of the booking ladder to ensure that suppliers are using the system correctly and to ensure the efficient use of the booking in system
- Keeping the business informed of volume changes/fluctuations that may have an effect on the profitability of the business
- Ensuring there is a robust recovery process in place with regard to rejections that meet the supply chain expectations but is at a cost-efficient price for the business
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- First rate communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- A passion for driving costs out of the business
- Team player with an understanding of people
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within our UK and International Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Sysco Speciality Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by us would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate