We are seeking a Compliance Team Manager to join our Transport team in our busy Bicester Warehouse.
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of the role
Primarily a Tuesday to Saturday shift pattern 07:00 – 17:00hrs. This position reports to the Transport Manager and is responsible for the vehicle compliance requirements of both an owned and hired fleet in line with O Licence requirements.
- Actioning timely Defect Reporting through key suppliers through to vehicle maintenance file update
- Service scheduling and vehicle presentation inline with O Licence requirements
- Review & Maintain the company OCRS score through policy, procedure and requirement.
- Manage the company’s goods vehicle operator’s licence with focus on vehicle maintenance obligation
- To manage company tracking and cameras
- Manage fleet maintenance repair costs
- Manage Local and off-site service providers
- Ensure all ancillary vehicle equipment is maintained inline with company requirements (Tail-Lifts & Refrigeration Equipment as examples)
- Perform risk assessments and produce safe systems of work as required.
- Support Managers in the implementation and maintenance of safe working practices
- Perform accident and incident investigations in order to prevent reoccurrence and make recommendation regarding further actions.
- Weekly Vehicle Changes & VOR Reporting to be updated
- Action log and monitor vehicle breakdowns as required
- Ensure vehicle tachograph downloading in-line with company standards
- Ordering fuel and Ad-Blu and maintenance of Merridale program
- Assist with internal and external audits such at the FTA, DVSA, DSA.if & when required.
- Assist with daily transport operational requirements when required.
- CPC qualified (Desirable but not essential)
- Previous experience of vehicle compliance management
- Understanding of O Licence obligations
- Clear communication skills at all levels.
- Knowledge of tachograph systems
- Resilient; ability to work under pressure & make effect decisions
- Cost and service focussed
- Understanding of transport operations
- Ensure operation is run in line with Transport Compliance requirements.
- Required level of flexibility for shift cover when required, holidays & sickness etc.