Buyer / Procurement Manager
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package & Car
KFF is a leading local supplier to caterers and chefs, supplying an extensive range of over 4,000 fresh, frozen, grocery and non-food products, backed up by unrivalled service. We pride ourselves in offering a range of specialist products to our customers, working with many smaller artisan British producers and supply partners. As a member of the Sysco global family, Sysco Speciality Group, our customers benefit from global reach, economies of scale, worldwide insight and all the benefits of a highly successful and professional parent company. We are proud to be a Sysco company.
As a buyer, reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for managing the supply base in line with agreed strategy for category and business in compliance with the company policies and procedures. You will work with internal colleagues and suppliers to ensure required costs, quality and service standards are met or even exceeded, at all times.
- Negotiate contract terms (e.g. pricing, rebates, promotional support etc.) with suppliers to achieve optimum commercial benefit
- Conduct product and category panels to deliver continuous improvement in product range, quality and pricing
- Conduct regular gap analysis, benchmarking, range reviews and market research to ensure opportunities are identified and evaluated
- Liaise and attend meetings with other departments and external stakeholders to ensure continuity of supply and successful execution of new product launches
- Conduct regular review meetings and build strong relationships with suppliers to monitor product/supplier performance and ensure commercial targets are hit
- Liaise with Brakes head office and other Sysco members for market insight, product and supplier information
- Off-site visits including but not limited to; Exhibitions, Suppliers, Sysco meetings, Sales accompaniment days and Networking events
- Running of reports to recognise areas of underperformance within supply base with the ability to identify appropriate solutions
- Provide relevant and timely market and product information for internal customers and colleagues
- Use product, industry and market information to identify and implement cost saving and improved supply opportunities for designated supply base
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and with designated suppliers
- Manage contracts and terms agreements with suppliers
- Manage product changes to ensure all internal and external stakeholders are communicated with
- Manage supply chain with regards to daily issues including but not limited to: - Problematic deliveries, Out of stocks, Product availability etc.
- Forecasting product sales to aid internal and external stakeholders on key products
We are looking for someone to come in and own the role, Fresh Eyes and Fresh Ideas. You must have proven experience and results in this role. You are a natural with numbers, and a strong wordsmith - communication is key. Alongside problem solving, teamwork and excellent organisational and prioritisation skills. You will also be comfortable in influencing and leading effectively at all levels.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and a generous holiday allowance with the option to purchase additional days. Also an array of flexible lifestyle benefits and discounts across a range of products.