Buying Administrator / Buying Assistant
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
KFF is a leading local supplier to caterers and chefs, supplying an extensive range of over 4,000 fresh, frozen, grocery and non-food products, backed up by unrivalled service. We pride ourselves in offering a range of specialist products to our customers, working with many smaller artisan British producers and supply partners. As a member of the Sysco global family, Sysco Speciality Group, our customers benefit from global reach, economies of scale, worldwide insight and all the benefits of a highly successful and professional parent company. We are proud to be a Sysco company.
As a Buying Admin Assistant, you will provide all round administrative support to the buying and marketing team with initiatives to help grow the business and achieve our departmental and company objectives. You will be the go to person for actioning changes for your team and you will be there to support them with a variety of general administration duties (and learn the ropes at the same time).
- Maintaining the Chorus system relating to product detail and/or price changes, setting up new products, answering pricing queries.
- Updating and managing the supplier contact & terms databases and raising invoices. Tracking supplier performance against forecast.
- Actioning business updates regarding product changes, promotions and literature.
- Assisting and creating daily weekly and monthly reports with your team.
- Supporting your buyers in reviewing and benchmarking exercises and participating in sales team presentation days.
- Working alongside the marketing team with marketing communications with a view to improve business performance.
We are looking for a complete "foodie" - you will live, breath and well, eat food!!! You are interested in the buying process and category management and will want to get involved with some hands on experience. You are a natural with numbers, and a strong wordsmith - communication at all levels is key. You love organising and relish the finer details. With strong IT skills and an excellent work ethic, you will throw yourself into this role to get as much out of it as you can put in.
You might have experience in allocator or a distributer positions, but want to get into category management. Or you may have a strong administrative background and want to put it to good use in a different context.
Either way, in return, we offer a competitive salary and a generous holiday allowance with the option to purchase additional days. Also an array of flexible lifestyle benefits and discounts across a range of products. Not to mention the experience and on the job training to help you progress towards Junior Buyer and Buyer positions.