Like Brakes, Sysco International is part of the wider Sysco family and due to our journey through a significant period of transformation and growth we now have an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified Senior Auditor to participate in audit risk assessment, planning and audit scope development as well as perform SOX testing for entities within Sysco to support Management’s assertion with financial statements.
Reporting directly to the Audit Supervisor you’ll be accountable for the planning and performing financial, operational and compliance reviews across multiple divisions. You will also be reporting results and recommendations to management at all levels.
We are offering a Home-Based contract. However, there will be limited travel required within the UK and occasional travel in Europe, so some flexibility will be needed from time to time for team meetings etc.
- Participate in audit risk assessment, planning and audit scope development, as well as project execution as a critical team member on large, complex projects
- Communicate identified deficiencies, root cause and recommendations for remediation with Audit Management and the business, as well as quantify the potential financial impact if applicable
- Participate in special reviews such as credit, inventory waste or fraud
- Lead all aspects of an audit assignment to ensure that it is completed effectively and that the work meets professional and quality standards. Drive successful completion of audit projects by closely coordinating with management, internal and external auditors, external consultants and business process owners
- Ability to identify risks in different process flows and ensure that key controls are accurately and clearly documented and implemented
- Communicate using appropriate styles, methods and timing to maximise understanding and impact. Engage closely with a wide range of stakeholders to generate commitment to agreed goals and deadlines
- Present findings professionally for assigned audit sections to senior management
This role will suit someone who is newly qualified with ACA or ACCA qualification as a minimum as well as have a good level of experience working with a focus on Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls and operational audits. You will have the ability to analyse and evaluate financial statement data to ensure accurate recommendations are provided. We are looking for someone who can communicate clearly and effectively to Stakeholders at all levels. Expect to form part of a team environment and interact with varying levels of leadership. This role will suit someone who has the confidence and ability to apply experience, critical thinking skills and internal control concepts to evaluate processes and identify risks.
In return we offer a competitive base salary, along with excellent bonus potential, the opportunity to work from home, car allowance, additional holiday purchase options to top up your annual leave, plus a range of flexible lifestyle benefits.
Sysco International is a US $12bn business unit comprising of all of the Sysco Corp non-US entities, with operations in Canada, Europe (comprising 5 BUs), Latin America, the Bahamas and IFG, Sysco’s global export business