Fish Production Operative - NIGHTS
Salary £30,000 + great benefits
Full Time Shifts Available
At M&J We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results. Plus, we are not alone, M&J is part of the Sysco Speciality Group, a set of specialist brands also including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest, KFF, Medina Foodservice and Fresh Fayre. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier. We all work together to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fishmonger to join our highly motivated Team at Bicester on the night shift.
Discover the best of both worlds. With Sysco, you’ll enjoy the job security and career development of the global foodservice leader – with the family feel of our friendly team in M&J (Bicester). We supply fresh fish to some of the best-known restaurants, hotels and pubs on the high street.
What you will be doing:
As a Fish Production Operative, you’ll play a big part in that by preparing fish for customer orders working alongside world class fishmongers. As well as plenty of perks, you’ll benefit from the training and support you need to grow your skills and career.
As a Fish Production Operative with us here in M&J Bicester, you’ll enjoy:
- Real flexibility. Full time hours with a flexible approach to start and finish times, offering a range of shifts to suit you.
- Plenty of variety. Rotating across different areas of our facility, you’ll join a team that picks refrigerated food items for customer orders, checks quality, helps with loading onto lorries and keeps the warehouse clean and running smoothly.
- Career development and diversity. We’re home to a wide range of nationalities and we’re proud to promote people from within our business. In fact, half of our managers today started as Production Operatives.
- Excellent and ongoing training. As well as a full induction, we also offer forklift, first aid and other training to people with potential.
What we are looking for:
To join us as a Fish Production Operative, experience isn’t needed. More importantly, we ask for an eye for detail and the ability to understand and read English. You’ll also need to be comfortable working as part of a team in a chilled environment (we’ll provide a free thermal uniform to keep you warm).
What we can give you in return:
Working for Sysco Speciality Group means you have access to loads of fantastic benefits. From discounts and exclusive offers on the High Street, to mental, physical and financial wellbeing support, we offer:
- Generous Refer a Friend scheme (£1000 per successful referral – drivers and warehouse)
- *Free Uniform*
- *Pension Scheme and life assurance
- Wellbeing activities and initiatives Mental, Physical and Financial Health – Free 24/7 Employee assistance helpline and wellbeing portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Monthly colleague recognition scheme & Long service awards
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional holiday
- Career development - We’re proud to promote people from within our business and offer lots of support to help you with career development
- Excellent ongoing training. As well as a full induction, you will have access to a huge range of training tools and materials via our learning app.
- At our sites you will enjoy: Free parking, Subsidised vending machines supplying high quality products! Access to staff sales
- We are always happy to talk flexible working!
There’s a lot on offer, so what are you waiting for?
Bring your whole self to work.
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to help define it.
All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.