Production Operative - Fresh Kitchen
Salary: up to £20,500 per annum
Bicester - Sysco Speciality Group
We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our highly motivated Fresh Kitchen Operations Team in Bicester!
Part of Fresh Direct – at Fresh Kitchen we manufacture batches of sauces, tubs of soup, pots of stews, cartons of chargrilled vegetables and 5-litre gelato ice cream. We work to produce the very finest products to our customers exact recipe and specification. We are proud to be part of the Sysco Speciality Group - a family of Fresh and Speciality Businesses with over 50 years’ experience serving customers. We provide a unique UK proposition, and our customers enjoy bespoke solutions, expertise, and the perfect products for their menus.
Sysco Speciality Group, along with Brakes, is part of the Sysco global family meaning our customers benefit from global reach, economies of scale, worldwide insight and all the benefits of a highly successful and professional parent company.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Inclusiveness, Excellence, Teamwork, Responsibility
Scope of the role
The primary objective is to ensure that products manufactured at Fresh Kitchen are handled and managed to the agreed production schedule and that they comply with specific customer requirement with key focus on product quality, legality and safety and overall presentation of product to the customer. In addition key areas of responsibility include receiving goods in and maintaining good stock rotation/management.
- Achieving the daily/weekly production plan that is in line with a production schedule
- Working to and following the production systems, procedures, and policies, completing the necessary paperwork accordingly
- Ensure production areas are clean and presentable at all times. Recognition and understanding of ‘clean as you go” policies that are in place
- Ensure items are clearly batch coded in line with company procedure and stock rotated
- Being responsible for quality, legality and safety of the food manufactured
- Will be required to work as part of a team in a food production environment on occasions when required. Can be allocated to any part of the line at the beginning of shift and will work doing the same role throughout therefore can be repetitive.
- Carry out Daily/Weekly/Monthly stock takes
- Cooking large scale products which will need physical manual stirring and mixing.
- Will come into contact with Vegetables, Meats, Fish and various mixes. Will involve lifting and bending, stretching and standing depending on the area you are allocated.
- The operation is carried in a cold or hot production area, full PPE will be provided.
- Must be able to commit to working shift patterns as and when the job demands
- Ability to follow written and spoken instructions
- Adherence to all relevant legislation (H&S, Hygiene, BRC, etc.) and that any violations are reported to your line manager
- Have good powers of concentration and observation
- Ability to pay attention to detail even when tasks are repetitive
- Correct care and safe use of all company equipment (if authorised and trained to use the appropriate equipment)
- To work in a team based environment where all managers/employees work together for the good of the business
- Being responsible for completion of production paperwork
- Specific projects or activities as directed by your line manager
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Flexible can do approach
- Highly numerate
- Understanding of food
- Target driven
- Honest, open
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good Communicator
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria do not delay apply for this role and start your journey today!
We have a passion for excellence and for individuals that are keen to drive their future success with fresh thinking and solid work ethics. In return we offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, with the chance to develop a career within Fresh Direct and the wider Group.
We aim to represent the diversity of our local communities and positively encourage applications regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Fresh Direct Group uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Fresh Direct Group would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s) and basic DBS certificate