Bicester – 45hrs any 5 from 7
Nights - 20:00 - 05:00 Approx
Discover the best of both worlds. As the UK industry leader, we offer job security and career development – with the family feel, rewards and recognition of our friendly warehouse team. We take pride in looking after our people. So, as well as plenty of perks, a generous salary, realistic bonuses and other financial rewards, you’ll enjoy the training and support to go far.
As a Drivers Mate you’ll be riding shotgun with one of our multi-drop drivers. You’ll be the wingman, helping to safely pack and load the vehicle, taking account of the goods and making sure that the items are easily accessible at the point of delivery. Did we mention it keeps you fit too! You might be delivering to customers some days, and others it could be to one of our other sites. We may even ask you to help out elsewhere within the depot if needs be.
To join us as a Drivers Mate, experience isn’t needed. More importantly, you’ll be reliable and punctual and able to understand and read English. You will be a confident map reader with local road knowledge, helping to navigate and advise your driver about any diversions. You’ll also need to be physically fit, able to lift weights of up to 25kg and have your own car to get here. In return, you’ll enjoy job stability and benefits such as:
- Pension scheme
- Generous annual leave with option to buy more
- Heavily discounted quality food, hotels and restaurants
- Reward, recognition and referral schemes
- Free food days, family days and summer BBQs
- Charitable events to get involved with
- On-site dining and break areas
- And last but not least, a health and wellbeing programme.
Working for Sysco Speciality Group means you have access to loads of fantastic benefits. From discounts and exclusive offers on the High Street, to mental, physical and financial wellbeing support, we offer:
- Generous Refer a Friend scheme (£1000 per successful referral – drivers and warehouse)
- *Free Uniform*
- *Pension Scheme and life assurance
- Wellbeing activities and initiatives Mental, Physical and Financial Health – Free 24/7 Employee assistance helpline and wellbeing portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Monthly colleague recognition scheme & Long service awards
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional holiday
- Career development - We’re proud to promote people from within our business and offer lots of support to help you with career development
- Excellent ongoing training. As well as a full induction, you will have access to a huge range of training tools and materials via our learning app.
- At our sites you will enjoy: Free parking, Subsidised vending machines supplying high quality products! Access to staff sales
- We are always happy to talk flexible working!
It starts with a full induction. But with our backing and optional accredited training that includes forklift, first aid and HGV driving, there’s no limit to your potential. In fact, almost 90% of our managers started life here in a warehouse job. So, once you’re in, there are plenty of opportunities to move shifts, move roles – and move up.