The Cambian Group are recruiting for a Regional Quality Manager to cover Shrewsbury and Tamworth.
The Cambian Group is one of the largest providers of specialist behavioural health services for children and adults in the UK. Cambian’s passion focuses on the positive outcomes for the individuals in our care and our employees are at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking for experienced, dedicated and outgoing individual to join the company as Regional Children’s Quality Manager. Reporting to the Head of Children’s Quality, you will be responsible for undertaking Regulation 44 visits for all your region’s registered children’s homes, taking into account standards and regulations set by Ofsted.
The way in which this role is carried out will have an impartial, direct and highly significant effect on the quality of the children’s homes services provided by the company. You will be making a very important contribution to the experiences and outcomes of the children and young people in our care and to the reputation and achievements of the Cambian Group as a whole.
Summary of responsibilities
On carrying out a Regulation 44 visit, written reports must be produced which must be rigorous and impartial assessments of the home’s arrangements for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in the home’s care. Reports must be written and circulated to relevant bodies in a timely manner. You will be inspecting the following nine Quality Standards prescribed for children’s homes:
- The quality and purpose of care standard
- The children’s wishes and feelings standard
- The education standard
- The enjoyment and achievement standard
- The health and well-being standard
- The positive relationships standard
- The protection of children standard
- The leadership and management standard
- The care planning standard
During each visit, you will be responsible for interviewing the children and making contact with parents/relatives/social care personnel and those working in the home to form an opinion as to
whether the children and young people are effectively safeguarded. You will also need to review the conduct at the home which should promote the wellbeing of the children. Visits should also include an inspection of the premises and a range of records. Feedback should be provided to the manager or senior person on duty at the end of the visit and a written report should be produced and circulated to all relevant bodies.
We are looking for flexible and innovative individuals who will:
- Be able to demonstrate obvious, recent, successful and substantial children’s homes management experience.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification.
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge and understanding of the legal framework, guidance and standards governing children’s homes and a sound knowledge of internal and external compliance practice.
- Have monitoring or evaluation experience, this may have included a regulatory role.
- Have excellent communication skills with young people and adults.
- Have demonstrable experience of the ability to write reports that are impartial, balanced, fair and evidence based. Reports should highlight strengths as well as areas of weakness. Triangulated evidence from interviews, observations or records is expected. Reports should directly inform the development plan for the home.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the link below.