The Cambian Group are recruiting for a Deputy Children’s Home Manager to support The Forum School located in Blandford Forum, Dorset.
The Cambian Group is one of the UK's leading children's specialist education and behavioural health service providers. The Group's services have a specific focus on children who present high severity needs with challenging behaviours and complex care requirements. Cambian looks after 2,100 children and employs over 4,300 people across a portfolio of 224 residential facilities, specialist schools and fostering offices located in England and Wales.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To assist the manager in achieving the aims and objectives of the Statement of Purpose. To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager. To support and manage the staff to enable them to meet the needs of the children and young people. To undertake direct work with Children and young people as appropriate. To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints. To work in partnership with other professionals to achieve optimum outcomes for young people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To meet the needs of children through:
- Ensuring that each young person has an allocated key worker
- Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s placement plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
- Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
- Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
- Assist in developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
- To assist the Registered Manager in the implementation of all aspects of the Statement of Purpose
- Contribute to the devising, implementing and evaluation of changes with the involvement of front line staff to continually improve services, systems and standards, in conjunction with the Registered Manager and the Senior Management team
- To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager
- To drive company vehicles – subject to policies and procedures
- To work on a rota basis according to the needs of young people
- To ensure that resources are allocated appropriately and financial records are accurately maintained
- To carry out all other reasonable tasks or directed by the Registered Manager.
- Secondary Education with good standard of literacy and numeracy
- NVQ 3 in caring for Children and Young People (or equivalent)
- Working towards NVQ4
- Awareness of Equal Opportunities/ADP issues
- Knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation
- Team Building Skills
- Supervision Skills
- Ability to manage teams effectively
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Understanding the needs of BESD children including managing challenging behaviour
- Indepth knowledge of ‘Every Child Matters’
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to motivate and enthuse staff
In return you can expect the following benefits:
- Constant training and development
- Competitive salary
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Free parking…….and many many more.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we’ll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career