The Cambian Group are recruiting for a Registered Children’s Home Manager to support one of our homes in Farcet, Peterborough.
The Cambian Group is one of the UK's leading children's specialist education and behavioural health service providers. The Group's services have a specific focus on children who present high severity needs with challenging behaviours and complex care requirements. Cambian looks after 2,100 children and employs over 4,300 people across a portfolio of 224 residential facilities, specialist schools and fostering offices located in England and Wales.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To ensure that the Home’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively. To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints. To liaise with Local Authorities, School, Health and other professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people. To actively promote the Home’s equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To meet the needs of children through:
- Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed.
- Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan.
- Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care.
- Developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive.
- Taking responsibility for progressing any complaints or child protection concerns
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
- Attending and contributing to child care planning and review meetings as appropriate.
- Involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff.
- Addressing issues in relation to conduct and competence of staff.
- Ensuring adherence to company policy in relation to probationary periods.
- Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home.
- Ensuring that budgets are managed effectively and the use of finances is properly monitored.
- Ensuring that company vehicles are clean and regularly maintained.
- Monitoring closely the fabric of the building (including fixtures, amenities and grounds) and taking remedial action where necessary.
- To contribute to the development of the Company as a whole through membership of the Heads Of Homes Group.
- To receive training appropriate to role and maintain an up to date training profile.
- To maintain up to date knowledge of the statutory and procedural frame-work for residential care and communicate this to staff as appropriate.
- NVQ4 Residential Care or equivalent and/or Level 5 Management qualification is essential
- Driving License
- Childcare legislation and Safeguarding knowledge
- Understanding needs of complex needs Children
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour-
- 2 years recent experience working with children in a residential care setting
- At least 1 year at senior level in residential care
In return you can expect the following benefits:
- Joining bonus
- Competitive salary
- Constant training and development
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Free parking…….and many many more.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we’ll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.